Oct 10, 2022
Contact: Shakeel Syed – firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the board and staff of South Asian Network serving tens of thousands of South Asian-Angelenos in the Los Angeles County, we demand:
1. The Councilmembers Nury Martinez, Gilbert Cedillo & Keven de Leon must immediately resign from their offices.
2. The rest of the Councilmembers must denounce their racist colleagues, demand their resignation, and sign an anti-racism pledge.
3. The LA County DA should investigate if the racist LA City Councilmembers had any racist partners in any capacity who are still working at the LA City Council.
4. The LA County Federation of Labor must terminate Mr. Ron Herreraimmediately & sign an anti-racism pledge.
5. The LA County Federation of Labor’s membership must vote out Mr Ron Herrera as their President & sign an anti-racism pledge.
We firmly believe that racism has no place and any person or organization allowing racism in rhetoric or in practice has no place in public square. And, as community-rooted organizations serving Angelenos of all backgrounds, we strongly believe in & pledge against racism in all its forms.