South Asian Network (SAN) is a community based organization advancing the health, emotional & mental well-being, and civil rights of South Asians in Southern California.
SAN believes in self-sustaining communities who actively raise their voices, take leadership and challenge social injustices, both within and beyond the South Asian community.
Given the multiple identities of gender, sexuality, class, religion, ethnicity and language in the diverse South Asian communities, SAN commits to challenging multiple oppressions throughout all its efforts. Starting internally, SAN challenges biases within the South Asian community. Furthermore, SAN works externally to address broader social injustice and build alliances between South Asians and other communities in Southern California and nationally who struggle for long-term social change.
- Covered CA and MediCAL enrollment
- Assistance with applying for public benefits
- Elder Care Support Services
- Case management support for victims & survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking
- Mental & Emotional Health Support & Therapy Services
- Referral services for legal aid in family & immigration law
- Court Accompaniment & Social Services Support
- U.S. Citizenship application assistance
- Community Organizing
- Nonpartisan voter education, engagement & mobilization
- COVID-19 Relief